evening walk pre-printed fabric embroidery pattern
this design is inspired by the colors of autumn and a walk i took around my neighborhood one evening.
picture an overgrown field of fading wildflowers, grasses, and leaves, a line of trees in the distance, and mountains beyond them.
this pattern consists almost entirely of the most simple of stitches -- the straight stitch -- so it's good for beginning stitchers who want to do a little more than a sampler piece.
for more experienced stitchers, i encourage you to think about using different stitches, layering other stitches on top of one another, or combining colors to add a little more complexity to this design.
pre-printed fabric patterns are ready to stitch -- no transfer necessary! designs are printed in color onto 100% cotton fabric.
just pop the fabric in your hoop and you are ready to start stitching!
each pre-printed pattern contains:
- pre-printed fabric pattern, approx 8"x 9" with raw edges
- full color postcard with image on front and stitching notes on back
- DMC floss color suggestions
- my 'getting started with hand embroidery' guide
- an instructional how-to for my favorite basic stitches
please note, this item does not include floss, needle, or hoop.
the pre-printed lines are permanent and will not wash or fade out.
finished design is sized to fit nicely in a 6” hoop.
- these patterns are my original design and are for personal use only.
- you may not sell items made from these designs.
- the patterns may not be reproduced or shared.
I haven’t started this piece yet. It’s next in line. It strikes me as a beautiful, peaceful scene. It also offers lots of opportunities to use personal preferences in color to make it one’s own. I suspect that whenever I gaze upon it, it will restore my peace of mind.
This was my second project. We walk as the family quite often in the evening at a local fen which also includes an outer prairie and woodlands trail. This pattern as perfect. I followed Liz's suggestions and made just a couple ever so slight adjustments to colors to match what we see in our walks. My husband has it in his office now.