evening walk PDF pattern
this design is inspired by the colors of autumn and a walk i took around my neighborhood one evening. picture an overgrown field of fading wildflowers, grasses, and leaves, a line of trees in the distance, and mountains beyond them.
this pattern consists almost entirely of the most simple of stitches -- the straight stitch -- so it's good for beginning stitchers who want to do a little more than a sampler piece.
if you have embroidery experience, i encourage you to think about using different stitches, layering other stitches on top of one another, or combining colors to add a little more complexity to this design.
each PDF pattern purchase is available for instant download, and each pattern includes:
- detailed instructions for several methods of pattern transfer (how to get the design onto your fabric)
- my 'getting started with hand embroidery' guide
- 2 pages of instructional how-to for my favorite basic stitches
- full sized pattern
- stitch notes: which stitches to use where, and how many strands of floss to use
- a list of the embroidery floss colors i used in the example photo
- and more! (contact info, encouragement, and resources)
- the finished design fits nicely in a 6" hoop
- you will need a PDF reader (like adobe reader) to open and view the attached file. if you don’t already have a PDF reader on your computer, you can find a free download here: http://get.adobe.com/reader
- these patterns are my original design and are for personal use only.
- you may not sell items made from these designs.
- the patterns may not be reproduced or shared.