be still PDF pattern
i think we all know how vital it is to intentionally set aside time to just BE, to get quiet, to step away from the hectic and non-stop busy pace of our lives.
but often, that is easier said than done.
the good news is, stillness and meditation can take many forms, and there is more than one way to quiet the mind. embroidery can be very meditative! taking time to sit still, to focus your attention on one stitch, then another, then another...
bringing your awareness to the creative work in front of you, right here, right now. being mindful and creative makes me a happier person, and i bet it’s the same for you.
the world needs more happy people, so let’s keep stitching!
each PDF pattern purchase is available for instant download, and each pattern includes:
- detailed instructions for several methods of pattern transfer (how to get the design onto your fabric)
- my 'getting started with hand embroidery' guide
- 2 pages of instructional how-to for my favorite basic stitches
- full sized pattern
- stitch notes: which stitches to use where, and how many strands of floss to use
- a list of the embroidery floss colors i used in the example photo
- and more! (contact info, encouragement, and resources)
- the finished design fits nicely in a 6" hoop
- you will need a PDF reader (like adobe reader) to open and view the attached file. if you don’t already have a PDF reader on your computer, you can find a free download here: http://get.adobe.com/reader
- these patterns are my original design and are for personal use only.
- you may not sell items made from these designs.
- the patterns may not be reproduced or shared.
I purchased the kit and was impressed with the packaging, clear instructions and complete contents. I love your interesting color combinations, which is what caught my eye on this pattern. Much fun to stitch and turned out beautifully!